Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our First Adoption Fundraiser!!!



Happy Almost Thanksgiving Everyone! I am so excited to share with you our first adoption fundraiser!! The proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards our Adoption Home Study fees! Which is our first Big Step in bringing our daughter home! These necklaces are Ugandan Magazine Beads (see picture above), they are each made by hand by precious Ugandan Widows out of recycled magazines! I have had one for several months now and I LOVE IT! $10 from each necklace sold will go into our adoption fund!! The other $15 dollars will be split between two wonderful charities, Amazima Ministries and Project Hopeful (Both of these are Orphan Care Ministries)! Project Hopeful will be featured in the December 2010 edition of People Magazine!! So not only will you be helping bring our daughter home, but also helping countless other African Orphans! So how do you order, you may ask??? I will taking a preorder, so let me know how many you would like! These would make wonderful Christmas gifts... don't you just love a gift that keeps on giving! I know I do!!! So just leave me a message on the blog or on Facebook and let me know how many you would like! I will then send the order to 147 Million Orphans (please ck them out!). This is the amazing organization that provides the necklaces for adopting families to use as fundraisers! Oh, the cost... (:   They are $25 each, $10 per necklace will go to our adoption fund and the other $15 to the ministries I have links to above! We plan to do several more fundraisers in the future to help us with the cost of bringing our daughter home! Thank you for your support!

p.s This sale will go on for the next month (Nov. 24-Dec. 24) 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Love that you have started your first adoption fundraiser!!! Hope that ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's awesome to hear of another family adopting a precious Ethiopian baby in NC! I'll have to get you in touch with some other families as well. There are several other families around us here that are adopting from Ethiopia and are farther along in the process than us! You can email me at: scoalson104(at)gmail(dot)com. Looks like we're in the same stage, good luck with fundraiser!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete