Thursday, December 2, 2010

That's how the Christmas tree falls!!!

Yep.. you guessed it! As we were upstairs putting the boys to bed tonight and dealing with the Bobbitt boys nightly bedtime chaos, we heard a loud CRASH downstairs! The first thing I said was, "Please, Lord, don't let it be the Christmas tree!"  We all came running to the top of the stairs, and yes, it was the Christmas tree! And this is what we saw.....

























Well, it might have had something to do with the fact that since the Christmas tree was in the corner of the living room this year, I thought that I could just put lights and ornaments on the one side that was visible!! Oops, guess I was not thinking it might become a little heavy on that side!!! Well, we have spent the last two hours of our night, throwing away some of my favorite Christmas ornaments ):  , taking down the lights, and putting everything back on the tree! I do have to say it looks better the second time around!! Our tree is a mixture of ornaments I had as a child and lots of handmade things that the boys have made over the years, I love it! So glad to find that one of my most special ornaments was still intact after the fall.... the ornament Justis and I brought home from our honeymoon in St. Thomas eight year ago! Also, my favorite ornament as a child, the one my best childhood friend, Whitley, gave me when we were probably six year old! It is of two little girls peeping through a window at each other! Even my sweet Jack, came running and said, "Look Mom, your favorite ornament is O.K!! (If you are reading this, Whitley.... I used to have my Mom lift me up to look at this ornament on our tree, always so special to me, as you are, love you!!)  After all our hard work the second time around... this is our 2010 Christmas tree... we are calling it our "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" as it is the smallest one we have ever had, but, as with everything, we are cutting back in anyway possible to save money to bring our baby girl home! I think it turned our pretty good after all!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Is that a crown of thorns tree topper? Sorry for the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ellen! It is...my Mom gave it to me several years ago and we put it on the top of the tree instead of a star every year! Let's plan that dinner soon! Sorry if I talked you to death the other night! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed it - I am shy for the most part (unless you get me talking about adoption and Ethiopia)...I also like it when people love on my son...I waited a lifetime for him. Love the topper! Let's do dinner soon - seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dearest oldest daughter, yes it happened to me, that is the tree falling over. Don't know if you remember when our tree fell in the house in Windsor. We always had it in the center hall at the front door and one day someone opened the door and a gush of wind blew the tree over. It probably was a 10 foot tree because those ceilings are 12 feet. I lost lots of ornaments too. I remember crying, dad was out of town so I called pap and he came running or should I say driving pass the speed limit, ha, to help me put it back up. We used fishing line to secure it at the top to the corners of the room. Well, like yours will be a Christmas memory. I've been working on getting our tree up the last two nights, just finished, Praise the Lord! Good night, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the fallen picture tree off of Lovin Much's blog roll. That is awful! So sorry that it happened. I admire your cutting back in everything...adoption certainly leads us to sacrifice--but I can't think of anything better to save for.

    ReplyDelete