Friday, June 17, 2011

National Lampoon's Trip to Wally World...

So did you read the title of this post? Well that is exactly what my Wednesday morning trip to Wally World (Wal Mart, for those of y'all who have no idea what I am talking about!) was like. Just had to document this day because it is such a typical day in my life and one day I am sure I will look back and miss all the chaos and will be wishing I still had three small kids to push in the cart at WalMart! (:

11:00 am: Mom arrives with my nephew Tucker to ride with us to Walmart... we live in the sticks, so it is a 30 minute drive to the nearest WalMart.
11:02: Argument begins between Tucker and Fisher about who is sitting in which carseat!
11:15 Arrive at local gas station and pump gas into my "Gas Hog" while Mom sits in the car with the kids.
11:21 Nephew needs to use gas station bathroom.
11:24 Fisher now needs to use gas station bathroom seeing that his cousin had the chance to go.
11:31 Leave gas station.
11:34 Recieve call from local police officer who just happened to be pumping gas beside me at the station and is also a friend, calling to let me know I left without paying for my gas... this is when living in a small town where everybody knows everybody comes in handy.
11:35 Tell police officer friend that I am turning around and cannot believe I drove off without paying for my gas.. this was a gas station without pay at the pump by the way...
11:46 Now on the road to Walmart, FINALLY, nephew now must go potty... RIGHT NOW.. pit stop on dirt path for road side potty break.
12:30 Arrive at Wally World with three hungry kids and a grocery list which of course gets lost... only to find out as I am checking out with a bunch of random items I did not need... that my seven year old had it in his pocket the entire time..
Oh, the joys of Wally World with kids in tow! (:

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, This is too funny!!! I can imagine it was a crazy trip lol i about loose my mind with just my 2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Miss you girl! Can't wait for all of us to get together again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me laugh hard! Sounds like my week too!

    ReplyDelete