Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!! Today is the Day!!!

At 5:15 pm today while out picking up my Mom's Birthday gift, I recieved the call we have been waiting for for almost 7 months!! It was "T", our case worker at AGCI calling to say they had recieved our last two documents and that we had been added to the waitlist!!!! Our number right now is 124!! It is a big number but we are certain that this number is lining us up perfectly with the child that God had chosen for our family since the beginning of time! It is going to be a long wait (approx. 12-18 months), but we will certainly keep busy enjoying our three sweet boys.. and hopefully by this time next year we will be very close to that #1 spot on the waitlist!!! We will recieve a call every month from now until we get our referral from our new case worker, "B", telling us how many spots we have moved up on the waitlist! I will posting on the blog every month what our new number is! When we get to the top of the list, we will just be waiting for that phone call from our case worker telling us they have our baby girl!!! What a happy day that will be!!! Thank you to all our our wonderful friends and family that have supported us along this journey so far, we could not have done it with out you! Now... let the waiting begin!!!



The boys insisted that Tinkerbelle be in the photo, too! I told them it will be fun to look back 
at this picture when we recieve our referral and compare how much "Tink" has grown... 
and the boys, too!! (:


Fisher kept shouting "124, 124!!", not sure if he really understood, but I tried to explain
to him that we are now "in line" so to speak for baby sister Sadie! (Tried to put it in terms
that a three year old might understand.)


This is our makeshift "adoption headquartesr" in our dining room! I had a scrap piece of fabric and folding table in the garage and "walaa" I made a little spot to house all our adoption things! We are hoping to order an adoption count down banner that a blog friend is making for adopting families, to hang above our "adoption headquarters"!  It will be a fun way for the kids to see how each month we are moving closer to seeing their baby sister for the very first time and that each time we move up one spot on the waitlist, that is one more child that has found their forever family! 

Psalm 27:14  WAIT on the Lord: be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart.  WAIT, I 
say, on the Lord. 



5 comments:

  1. LOVE that verse! And I LOVE your very first number for precious Sadie!!! I am so happy for ya'll!!! And definitely get the countdown wall...our kids have loved doing that! I am ready for them to take more numbers down soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbi you are an inspiration to me for the things that God has planned for my life. You were with me in the delivery room holding my hand as I waited for Asa to come, and I am holding yours now in spirit as you are waiting for your precious addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweet friends, for your comments! Brought tears to my eyes!!! Paula~ I will never forget being there when your sweet Asa came into the world! Thank you so much for your support, it means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on starting the official wait! We are waiting for our referral from Korea and they don't give numbers. We just count or mark off months with our kiddos, but I love the count down number line idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are on the same timeline. We are #123 with AGCI as of Aug.1, 2011.

    ReplyDelete